M.K.Suri & Co | Immigration Practitioners




If you have received an offer of employment in the United Kingdom from a licensed sponsor and you are a national of a country outside the EEA or Switzerland (except Turkey), you will need to apply under Tier 2 of the points-based system.


Categories of Tier 2


There are four categories of the skilled worker under the points-based system:


Tier 2 (General)


Tier 2 (Minister of religion)


Tier 2 (Sportsperson)


Tier 2 (Intra company transfer)


In order to qualify for a Tier 2 (General), you will need to show that:


1. You have a job offer in the UK from an employer that holds a valid Tier 2 Sponsor License.

2. The job is for the skilfull activity and at least graduate level or a specified creative profession.

3. The job is on the UKVI list of skilled occupations.

4. You will be getting a minimum salary of £30,000 (£20,800 for some applicants) or the minimum for the exact job you are doing, whichever is higher.

5. The job offer is a genuine vacancy and your qualification enables you to carry out that job.

6. You will also need to satisfy the English Language requirement and Maintenance of Funds requirement.


Your employer will also need to comply with the ‘Residential Labour market Test’ by showing that there is no suitable candidate in the UK for the job. They will be able to do this by advertising the role for at least 28 days and then providing evidence that no suitable candidate applied for the position.


If the job is on Shortage Occupation list or the candidate holds Tier 4 General Student visa, the ‘Residential Labour market Test’ would not apply.





Do you need an urgent assistance?