M.K.Suri & Co | Immigration Practitioners






Tier 4 (Migrant) Student route allows people from outside of the European Economic Area to enter the UK as a student. To apply for a Tier 4(General) Student you must:


1.Have an Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) at a UK Educational Institution that holds a valid Tier 4 Sponsorship license .

2.And enough money to support yourself and pay for your course.


You can do a course that’s one of the following:


1. full-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 6 on the Ofqual register

2. part-time leading to a qualification that’s at least level 7 on the Ofqual register

3. an overseas course of degree level study that’s equal to a UK higher education course and is being run by an overseas higher education institution

4. full-time, with at least 15 hours per week of organised daytime study, leading to a qualification which is at least level 3 on the Ofqual register

5. a recognised foundation programme as a postgraduate doctor or dentist


If you are applying for an extension of your Tier 4 Student Visa you can only get a CAS if:


1. re-sitting exams or repeating modules

2. applying for the first time to a new institution to complete a course you started at an institution that lost its Tier 4 sponsorship

3. applying to extend your stay to complete your studies because you’ve done (or want to do) a work placement or study abroad programme

4. completing a PhD or other doctorate that you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa

5. applying after working as a student union sabbatical officer to complete a qualification you started studying under your last Tier 4 (General) student visa

6. continuing your medical, dentistry or medical science degree after completing an intercalated course


Do you need an urgent assistance?